Feast for Thought

Not pontificating. Only trying to bat on the side of the environment. And ethics. And simple living. And slowing down. (And trying to learn and practise before preaching or teaching...)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Mom, what's a...?"

Discussing a lesson on water pollution with my 9-year old, I explained 'landfill' while giving him a gist of waste segregation and disposal practices in our cities. A week later, I got proof that he had rightly assimilated what I meant.

I stack grocery wrappers in a small store-room attached to the kitchen, for reuse or for recycling. During a morning rush I had pulled out a wrapper from the stack, and down cascaded the whole lot. My son passed the store while readying his lunch-bag. Taking one look at the floor of the store, he pronounced..."That's Mom's landfill"

3 Comments:

Blogger Kannamma said...

That is what I call an experiential learning

19 December, 2007  
Blogger Indrani said...

Budding environmentalist!

20 December, 2007  
Blogger Pradeep said...

Charity begins at home!

25 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

i appreciate that you have some thoughts to share, and are taking the effort to do so.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home