Feast for Thought

Not pontificating. Only trying to bat on the side of the environment. And ethics. And simple living. And slowing down. (And trying to learn and practise before preaching or teaching...)

Friday, August 17, 2007

Grow out of my arms

Grow out of my arms - my son - my baby,
Grow up a man well loved to be,
Go out into the arms of the wide-wide world
Grow out of my arms - my son - my baby.

Stride ahead with firmness of step,
Put forth your hand to aid and help,
Be it a friend, be it a foe,
Jus' remember - goodwill - it needs a hoe.

Take out the venom, put in the honey,
Lay the sweet open, for all to see,
Water a plant, pick out a weed,
Look to the sun - and place a seed.

When I could gather all of you to me,
I knew - the day will come early,
When your eyes and mind are ready,
To go out of my arms- my son - my baby

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

i appreciate that you have some thoughts to share, and are taking the effort to do so.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home